Physical Shops Metiisto in Europe – We’re going international
As we’ve grown through from “De Gouden Eik Boutique” to “Metiisto Fashion” online shop, our retail venue in Lochristi is now only open by appointment. We are, however working on setting up a network of distributors and physical shops Metiisto in Europe, where our products will be available. As we progress in establishing this group of retailers, we will add them to the website. This way you’ll always know where to find us.
Are you feeling inspired to become one of our distributors? It’s certainly possible! Contact us for a wholesale product presentation; either in Lochristi or at a meeting point of your choice.
Would you like some more information, have a look at our Facebook page.
Fair Trade – Sustainable Business Practices
All of our products are fair trade and adhere to sustainable business guidelines.
When purchasing goods, we follow a few principles to ensure honest trade. Perhaps it isn’t always as clear what these are, so we’ve made a list. The ten principles in this list are from Novica, a large commercial fair trade organization in the US.
- Create opportunities for economically disadvantaged producers.
- Be transparent and responsible, both to the producer as about product.
- Apply honest and sustainable business practices, no matter where you are.
- Pay an honest price for services and products.
- Make sure you aren’t supporting modern slavery; forced or child labor.
- Promote equal opportunity for all.
- Ensure safe working conditions for all.
- Offer a future to your employees with growth potential.
- Promote and support fair trade in your immediate environment.
- Respect the environment. Encourage sustainable production processes that are ecologically friendly.
This list is far from complete. There are loads of other criteria one could add to it. Furthermore, not all requirements are always equally relevant in every situation. For the services of an online translator from the Philippines, the sustainability of the production process is of little relevance. But the working environment is crucial to them. So, you can say there are specific criteria applicable to every service, profession, and product.
Do you have another criterion you’d love to share with us? Please let us know!